CH. de L’AUCHE
FOR 4 GENERATIONS
The story began in the early 1960s, inspired by René Lamblot and a handful of winegrowers from Janvry near Reims, who decided to join forces and pool their resources to craft their own Champagne. Their aim was to promote their terroir – the western slopes of the Montagne de Reims.
The years went by and the small group expanded; the founding fathers were joined by several other winegrowers who shared the same desire for solidarity and mutual assistance.
Today, the 60 winegrowers of the CH. de L’AUCHE Champagne and PRESTIGE DES SACRES Champagne are writing their own story centred on a shared passion. They champion the values passed down from generation to generation and tend their vines by applying well-thought out, considered methods to offer the very best grapes.
CH. de L’AUCHE CHAMPAGNE
At the beginning, the group of winegrowers created a range of Blanc de Noirs Champagnes from their
vineyards that are mostly planted with Pinot Meunier.
Established in Janvry, 15km west of Reims in a place known as “L’Auche”, they naturally chose this name for the first Champagne they created.
THEIR VINEYARD – THE WESTERN SLOPES OF THE MONTAGNE DE REIMS
Their 115-hectare vineyard on the western slopes of the Montagne de Reims is made up of 40 different crus, 5 of which are classified as “Premier Cru”.
Their vines benefit from 4 different terroir typicities, which offer them an impressive diversity crucial for the quality of our blends.
PASSION, TIME AND EXCELLENCE
– Winegrowers inspired by the values of sharing and mutual assistance driven by a sense of humanity and passed on from generation to generation.
– Integrated winemaking that respects nature and our terroir. Tending the vines every day to obtain the very finest grapes.
– Meticulous selection to retain only the very best and thus ensure the constant quality of our blends.
– The expertise of our Cellar Master who enhances the grapes using winemaking methods that respect the Champagne region’s traditions whilst being attentive to each individual wine.
– Cuvees crafted from the three Champagne grape varieties grown exclusively on our vineyard, offering delicacy, fruitiness, elegance and crispness.
– Aged in our cellars for longer than Champagne AOC requirements and with additional ageing for several months after disgorging to give cuvees that are matured to perfection.
– Our fundamental values are passion, heritage, respect for nature, the desire to work together and sharing.